The ‘national soul of the nation’ dish of the Golden Temple was voted the best salad in the world.
Som Tum papaya salad is a popular dish in Thailand, voted by the travel and culinary category of CNN (USA) as one of the 50 best dishes in the world. With simple ingredients, the combination of sour – spicy – salty – sweet spices quickly stimulates the taste buds, making all senses “explode”.
This dish is an interesting suggestion for the menu “get bored” on Tet.
Total time: 30 minutes (preparation: 15 minutes, implementation: 15 minutes)
– Level: Easy
Servings: 4-5 people eat.
Calorie content: 666 kcal
1. Ingredients: Feed 4-5 people
– 1 medium green papaya
– A handful of green beans / green beans
– 1/2 cup carrot, shredded (optional, if you want a colorful salad)
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut to taste
– 1 cup of dried shrimp, washed
– 3 small garlic cloves, peeled
– 4-5 hot chili peppers (depending on how much or how spicy your taste is)
1/4 teaspoon grain salt
– 3 tablespoons of delicious fish sauce (30-40 protein types)
– 2-3 tablespoons of palm sugar
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 2 teaspoons of tamarind juice
– 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
– 1/2 cup boiled, peeled fresh shrimp (add as you like to enrich your dish)
Suggestions to serve: With sticky rice and Thai grilled chicken.
2. How to do:
– Papaya peeled, shredded, soaked in ice for 15 minutes to make it more crispy. Picked out, squeezed out the water.
– Put garlic, chili, dried shrimp, salt in a mortar, crush.
– Continue to put the shredded papaya, carrots, cowpeas, and tomatoes to crush to quickly absorb the spices.
– Then, add palm sugar, fish sauce, lemon juice, tamarind juice, use a pestle to gently crush, stir well so that all ingredients blend into the rich seasoning.
– Season to taste the hybrid family again.
– Sprinkle with peanuts and serve immediately with sticky rice and Thai BBQ chicken.