Crispy white pig ears, clear water, rich in sweet and sour taste are very suitable for Tet holidays.
– Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
– Level: Difficult
Servings: 4-5 people eat.
Calorie content: 2066 kcal
1. Raw materials:
a) Pork ears and boiled seasoning:
– 2 pig ears (about 700 – 750 grams). Note to choose fresh pig ears: light skin, firm, thick cartilage. Do not buy pig ears that are soft, slimy or bruised.
– 1 tablespoon of grain salt
– 2 tablespoons of vinegar
– 1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning seeds
1/2 teaspoon pepper
– 2-3 purple onions
– 1 small ginger branch crushed
– Boil water to cool and ice clean.
b) Sweet and sour water mixture for soaking: The ratio of water – sugar – vinegar – salt – delicious fish sauce is 1: 1: 1: 0.5:
– 300 ml of water
– 300 grams of sugar
– 300 ml 5% vinegar
– 100 ml of delicious fish sauce
– 20 grams of salt (about 2 tablespoons horizontal)
c) Pickled fruits with:
– 1 carrot
– 10 small purple onions
– 5 garlic bulbs, choose the old one because the young candles will be green when soaked
– 6-7 chillies
– Black pepper roasted in gold
– Green pepper
– Some kumquats (if you like)
d) Glass jars: enough size to accommodate pig ears. Vials should be washed, rinsed with sterile boiling water and allowed to dry.
2. How to:
a) How to make pig ears:
– Preliminary processing: Clean pig ears (shave clean, shave dirt inside the ear). Then, soak in rice water for 10 minutes, rinse. Continue, use vinegar / or lemon and salt to squeeze well to deodorize, rinse again.
– Boil pig ears: Put the pig’s ears in a thick pot, pour the amount of water over the pig’s ears (if not flooded, the ears will become black), add 1 tablespoon of salt / soup powder, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 teaspoon of seasoning seeds. , 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 2-3 crushed purple onions, 1 small ginger sprig, washed and smashed. Turn on the stove to boil for 15-16 minutes.
– Take out the ears of the pig and soak it in boiling water to cool it with clean ice and a little lemon juice to make the ears white, crunchy and more fragrant.
– When the pig’s ears cool down, take out the ears, let them drain / or soak them dry, cover with a bucket towel and put the ears in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to tighten (purpose is not greasy when soaking as well as easy to slice thinner). Take out the pig’s ear, use a thin knife, so much of the fat is removed.
b) How to cook sweet and sour water for soaking: Put water, sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, salt in the pot and boil for 8-10 minutes to reduce the smell of vinegar, taste again according to family taste. Turn off the heat, let it cool.
c) Prepare other ingredients:
– Onions, garlic peeled and sliced, carrot shaped favorite flowers. If you have time to sunbathe for a little wilt, it will be crispy and delicious.
– Cook a little vinegar and sugar, add onions, garlic, carrots and green pepper, and then sterilize them for long soaking.
– Kumquat washed with boiling water to cool soaked in dilute salt
d) How to soak: Mix sliced pork ears with carrots, onions, garlic, roasted black pepper, green pepper, chili, sliced kumquat. Then, fill with sweet and sour water that has cooled completely, compress the pig’s ears. Put the pig’s ears in the refrigerator after 2-3 days to eat.
– All the materials and jars need to be clean and disinfected for a long time.
– Sweet and sour water needs to cool completely before soaking.
– Water soaked in pig ears must be flooded and compressed to avoid damage.
– Should remove a lot of fat because it easily causes dizziness.